Overwhelmed? Look at the small picture.Nov 07, 2021
For years we’ve been talking about improving focus, stressing less, and living happier lives. Even though I’m the dream-big-and-think-about-your-future gal, a big part of stressing less is going to be:
1. Looking at the big picture
2. Then focusing back on the small picture.
Big picture → small picture.
Big dream → next step.
Save $10,000 → save $10
As much as I love dreaming big, if I look at the big picture for too long I start to get overwhelmed and think a variety of thoughts including:
- Why is this taking so long?
- That’s ridiculous, I’ll never be able to do that.
- This will be way too much work.
- I’ll be a million years old and dead before that happens. (Drama, drama, drama)
Am I alone in this? Or do you ever find that the big dream is a touch too scary? Or maybe it’s not even a dream that gets overwhelming? This week, I was working on the master promo doc I’m making for Becoming Future You and if I looked at the list of everything I was going to add to it, I just wanted to lie down. But, if I focused on just one thing, like graphics or pulling links, I was able to slowly but surely make progress on it.
(If you ever plan group promo or want to ask for help promoting your own thing, make sure you check out my google doc. My goal is to make it as easy as possible for people to help me, so I’m getting organized. Maybe my system will help you with your thing.)
Do you ever get unnerved by the big picture? Next time that happens, my challenge to you is to:
1. Brain dump a list of everything you can think of that will need to happen to make that dream/goal a reality.
2. Pick ONE thing off the list and work on it.
3. Set the the rest of the list aside until you’re ready to come back to it.
That’s it! We can only think about or work on one thing at a time. We only think we’re multitasking, when really we’re letting our squirrel brains run wild and wear us down.
You’ve got this!
Your 5-Star Life Coach ☆
Stop Sabotaging Future You
Tired of always feeling behind? Sick of feeing stressed? Get out of the sabotage cycle today!